This application link specifically states Huntington Beach, CA but please note the hiring location is not specific as this is open for the entire West Region.
Overall Purpose A Business Development Manager will identify and develop new ADS account customers as well as maintain existing accounts as identified in the annual ADS Sales Commission Plan. The Business Development Manager will oversee sales activities within the specified territory for ADS customers.
Job Responsibilities - Manage sales activities in a specific sales region for ADS accounts, including but not limited to, generating leads, writing sales proposals, leading proposal presentations including presentation development and generation, negotiating and procuring sales contracts, delivering signed contracts to Operations.
- Developing ADS accounts within a region and developing strategies to meet an individual client’s needs.
- Join and actively participate in local industry associations. Present technical presentations in conferences and sales seminars.
- Sell concepts & close accounts with municipal wastewater and consulting engineering customers.
- Meet and/or exceed individual revenue threshold while maintaining and growing sold margins by working with Operations managers to develop competitive pricing for opportunities.
- Follow-up on leads generated through both corporate and regional efforts for ADS accounts.
- Maintain all ADS account prospecting activities, schedules, opportunity management and contract statuses on a daily basis in the contact management data base (CRM).
- Abide by on-the-job site safety requirements.
- Initiate Project kick-off meetings prior to project start-up for ADS accounts.
- Work closely with Operations to determine specific project requirements and assist in contract interpretation and client interface for ADS accounts.
- Complete Special Projects as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities - B.S. Civil Engineering or equivalent degree/experience with exposure and understanding of open channel hydraulics preferred. - Demonstrated ability to promote concepts and ideas to create customer demand. - Proven ability to identify and acquire new accounts with success. - Excellent written and oral communication skills required with exceptional listening skills. - Ability to build relationships and work well across functions with a strong focus on customer satisfaction. - Minimum 3 years of related experience preferred with sales exposure to accounts within the territory. - Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). - Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time. - Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines with a strong attention to detail. - Prior experience with sales and sales management tracking databases preferred. - Valid driver’s license and passing motor vehicle record check per ADS standards.
IDEX is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Serving the Water and Wastewater Industry for Over 41 Years
When municipal owners need to know about collection system flows, they choose ADS Environmental Services to monitor performance. They rely on ADS for robust, accurate and affordable measurement, the kind of hydraulic analysis necessary to support project and financial objectives.
At ADS, we offer comprehensive, innovative flow infor...mation, from real-time flow data to temporary flow monitoring reports. Drawing upon nearly four decades of experience and thousands of flow assessment projects, we tailor our product recommendations to meet your most challenging projects and provide the right level of services to match your budget and resources. For knowledge about the performance of your collection system, you can rely on our comprehensive array of software products to deliver information of the highest quality. From flow monitors, software, field services and data processing to Web-based information and statistical reporting, ADS delivers the right information at an affordable cost.