ATI Forged Products produces and markets a wide range of specialty metal alloys, including titanium, nickel, and steel forgings to end use markets such as aerospace, energy, oil & gas, and general industrial markets. We have several operating facilities and deliver products to customers globally.
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer at our Cudahy, WI plant located approximately 5 miles south of Milwaukee. This position reports to the Quality Manager.
Utilize engineering talents to support new product introduction, reduce cost, reduce variation in our processes, eliminate waste, and minimize opportunities for defects. Assists the Senior Manager, Quality by supporting the Quality Management System and managing the APQP/PPAP process required by external customers.
1. Customer. Care - provide leadership in communication and interaction with customers in order to ensure customer expectations are continually met or exceeded.
2. Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities in support of new product introduction that includes, review of customer engineering standards and drawings through the demonstration of understanding of product development lifecycles, design change and document change control, process verification and validation methodologies, manufacturing / production process control methodologies, and servicing to ensure successful new product launches.
3. To Champion the cross functional team during Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) in the development of Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, SPC and Measurement System methodologies and documentation. Focus must include optimizing the part and/or process in an effort to reduce cost, eliminate waste, and minimize opportunities for defects.
4. Use advanced statistical methods like Regression Analysis, Hypothesis Testing and Design of Experiments to assist in the identification and validation of critical process and/or product characteristics in an effort to meet customer requirements in the most economical and efficient methods for our organization.
5. Manage the process for communicating Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements to our suppliers as well as final PPAP submittals to the customer for new and revised product.
6. Participate in the review and analysis of Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) metrics and participate in the initiation of engineered solutions to address reject PPM both external and internal.
7. Are required to be familiar with existing manufacturing equipment and processes and participate, when applicable, in engineering solutions for optimization of manufacturing process efficiency and effectiveness.
8. Implementation of Lean / Six Sigma principles to improve our overall operations and decrease costs associated with our products.
9. Lead and/or assist in the implementation of new manufacturing technologies, process controls and other improvements.
10. To support our Quality Management System by participating in internal and external ISO 9001/AS 9100, Nadcap and customer process based audits and to support the ongoing maintenance of our certification through the implementation of new requirements as defined by the industry and/or customer specific standards.
11. Assist and/or lead external audits and related activities as it pertains to Supply Chain Management / supplier selection, approval, and development.
If you are organized, motivated and can work independently and as a part of a dynamic team, please contact us. We offer excellent salary compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package. For consideration, submit your resume and salary requirements.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering preferred. Other engineering or technical related fields will be considered. * 5 years of experience in Quality Assurance * Ability to interpret engineering models and prints * Lean/Six-Sigma Black Belt or ASQ-CQE preferred * Excellent oral and written communication skills * Exceptional interpersonal skills * Strong analytical skills to analyze and resolve difficult problems effectively and implement long term solutions * Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task * Ability to work as a team player to optimize and standardize processes
Allegheny Technologies Incorporated is one of the largest and most diversified specialty materials and components producers in the world with revenues of approximately $3.1 billion for the twelve month period ending June 30, 2016. ATI employees use innovative technologies to offer global markets a wide range of specialty materials solutions.
Our major markets are aerospace and defense, oil and ...gas/chemical process industry, electrical energy, medical, automotive, food equipment and appliance, and construction and mining.
Our products include titanium and titanium alloys, nickel-based alloys and superalloys, engineered forgings and castings, zirconium, hafnium, niobium alloys, and stainless and specialty steels.