2016-1754 Bridge Engineer
Come and join our award-winning firm! At T.Y. Lin International, we value our employees and reward them for their excellence. We are currently seeking a Bridge Engineer to join our Rochester, NY office.
T.Y. Lin International is an engineering firm known for designing some of the most prestigious and well-recognized infrastructure projects in the world. Operating from offices throughout the United States and Asia, we are recognized as #31 of the Top 100 “Pure” Designers and #26 of the Top 50 Designers in International Markets from Engineering News-Record (ENR). At all levels in the company, our team is innovative, strategic, inquisitive and committed to excellence – and it shows in our work.
We measure success by the caliber of our people and the quality of our work. When you work for T.Y. Lin International, you’ll be involved in some of the world’s most technically challenging projects.
As we grow and expand our services, we’re looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Bring your talent, your skills, and your enthusiasm to a career at T.Y. Lin International as a Bridge Engineer.
Functions in a key technical role in both conventional and alternative delivery bridge projects. Prepares and supervises the preparation of design calculations and reports; oversees preparation of drawings for projects and assignments of varying complexity and scope in accordance with standards (i.e., AASHTO, NYSDOT, NYSTA) and department procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the development of design concepts and reports;
- Prepares comprehensive engineering reports, calculations, specifications and drawings for structural (bridge) design projects;
- Structural design for structures such as bridges, viaducts, dams, locks and tunnels;
- Leads construction engineering effort on designated projects
- Participates in a key technical role in local (WNY) bridge projects, as well as major bridge projects within the East Region
- Reviews / checks design calculations and reports;
- Reviews project drawings for compliance with applicable codes and department standards;
- Assures the timely delivery of quality work products and services;
- Work with Clients such as New York State DOT, New York State Thruway Authority, New York Power Authority (Canal Corporation) and various counties throughout New York State; and design/build contractors
- Leads and/or participates in in-depth study projects;
- Coordinates and oversees technical approvals;
- Presents and/or assists at public presentations on technical/design issues;
- Provides guidance and mentoring to junior staff.