SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER - CITY OF NOVATO
Application Deadline: April 14, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Compensation: $7,971.00 - $9,689.00 Monthly + Benefits
The City of Novato is accepting application for the position of Senior Civil Engineer. The Senior Civil Engineer will help implement the City’s Capital Improvement Program, manage flood control and water quality programs, and generally enhance economic development growth and quality of life in the community. The selected candidate will:
- Possess proven Civil Engineering experience;
- Mentor and assist in staff development and overall organization development;
- Be an effective communicator an able to build relationships and trust with staff and the community;
- Demonstrate a work style that is even tempered energetic, team-oriented, and participatory.
Minimum Qualifications - Experience: Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience: Five years of progressively responsible experience similar to an Associate Civil Engineer with experience related to civil engineering, drainage, transportation engineering, or a related field. One year of supervisory experience is desirable.
Training: Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in civil engineering or related field.
License and Certificates: Possession of current registration as a Professional Civil Engineer as issued by the State of California. Possession of a valid California Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance.
- Retirement Programs - CalPERS Classic 2% @ 55, CalPERS New 2% @ 62
- Work Schedule - 9/80 work schedule with alternating Fridays off
- Medical Benefits - Choice of eight HMO & PPO options through CalPERS with a cafeteria plan contribution of up to $1,775 for full family enrollment. $250 monthly stipend in-lieu of City contribution if medical coverage through the City is declined.
Visit the City's website www.novatojobs.org to view the full announcement & apply.
To apply for this position, please visit www.governmentjobs.com or www.novatojobs.org