We have an immediate opening for a Civil Designer to become a part of our civil engineering design team. Ideal candidates should have a degree or computer related certification and minimum of ten years of experience as a Civil Designer with experience in site/commercial design projects. Experience with Civil 3D is required.
We are seeking candidates who are talented, dedicated and looking for career growth opportunities. Our team has extensive experience working together on many of the Valley’s largest and most prestigious commercial developments, as well as retail, office, industrial, and mixed use developments. Our diversity of expertise provides our clients with a comprehensive resource for civil engineering and consulting needs. Our success is predicated upon our dedication to client service with municipal, public works, and private client relationships statewide.
Responsibilities/Expectations: Plotting and assembling construction plans; Using established CAD standards to prepare electronic drawings from marked-up plans and/or verbal instruction by engineers/designers; Organizing and scheduling work to accomplish goals on projects within established budgets and timelines; commercial site hydrology and hydraulics; drainage reports; water model and water & sewer basis of design reports; and coordination with engineers and other design team members.
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with experience and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental, and paid time-off.
Under general supervision, prepares drawings of new construction or existing facilities of moderate complexity based on verbal instructions, sketches, and/or formal documents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains basic civil data from documents and field measurements.
- Prepares or assist in the preparation of civil engineering documents, details, schedules and reports.
- Compiles specifications and contract documents from existing sources for assigned projects.
- Set-up a standard civil drawing set (for different corporate clients) and provide the working set ready to be used for design.
- Set-up vertical and horizontal grids to display storm drain piping, manholes, storm drains per civil design standards.
- Utilizes state-of-the-art CAD equipment and technology; maintains current knowledge of CAD technology principles and applications.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.