| Job Summary |
The Mechanical Engineer position is an entry-level or early career position that will provide engineering design, maintenance, and technical support to the manufacturing and product development areas. Assess new and existing equipment to optimize efficiency, safety, quality, and cost effectiveness in the production and design of new and existing products. Perform original design work of mechanical components and systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prioritize and complete engineering projects to maximize production and cost-effectiveness.
• Assemble parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies as necessary during product development.
• Perform troubleshooting and rework of parts, sub-assemblies and systems.
• Assist in system-level integration and the development of calibration and test standards and procedures.
• Design prototypes, new equipment and machinery to support the in-house needs of Manufacturing and Product Development.
• Design Prototype components and packaging.
• Coordinate Prototype production and testing.
• Create and modify Creo solid models and drawings for manufacturing. • Provide and create engineering and process documentation as required and support the filing of patents as required.
• Identify vendors to supply components and design and build machinery and equipment for new and existing products.
• Assist in building, installing, debugging, and testing new equipment to ensure production capabilities.
• Support customer service, manufacturing and service in implementation of pre-production and production assemblies and systems.