The Project Engineer is responsible for planning, designing, bidding, and construction management. This position is the project manager for certain infrastructure projects of the Authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AS ASSIGNED
- Recommend new goals, objectives and procedures to assist the District Engineer towards accomplishment of the diverse responsibilities of the Authority.
- Create civil engineering designs for new and replacement structures and facilities of the Authority; including preliminary and final drawings, project construction manuals, and project management and finalize design documents with professional engineering registration seal.
- Manage and direct the implementation of capital projects, programs and responsibilities as assigned, including review of consulting engineering design documents, contract negotiations, and implementation of agreements and contracts.
- Develop work plans, projects, and programs. Monitor workflow, review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures ensuring production expectations are balanced with safety risk and financial objectives.
- Plan, direct, oversee design, construction and implementation of complex water, recycled water or related projects to advance the objectives of the Authority.
- Present project status reports on topics such as engineering studies, bid proposals, and construction projects to customers, staff, and Board members.
- Assemble contract documents and bid work in compliance with the governing laws and regulations of the State of Texas.
- Prepare and assemble Request for Qualifications and Request for Proposals for a variety of contract work.
- Perform the duties of Construction Manager, directing the procurement of goods and services from multiple vendors and contractors for the completion of a project.
- Communicate with District Engineer, General and Assistant General Manager, Board of Directors, and customers on project status and workflow as well as early notification of any problems or unforeseeable events.