Duke Realty, one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the United States with industrial and medical office properties in 20 major U.S. cities, has an opportunity for a professional experienced with the site design process to join the construction team in our Oak Brook, IL office. Candidates must be attracted to a fast paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards collaboration, teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success. The site design professional will have primary responsibility for the site related portions of the due diligence process for vacant ground acquisitions & dispositions, creation & management of master plans, pursuit of land use approvals & entitlements, and creation & management of the development infrastructure scopes of work. Additional areas of responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Land Acquisition – Manage the due diligence process, coordinating both internal and external resources. Prepare Due Diligence Report to identify and summarize issues and risks discovered during the process. Acquire and review, at a minimum, the following information: governing agency requirements; required municipal approvals; environmental conditions and situations; utility service availability and fees; geotechnical investigations; natural and cultural resource impacts; traffic impacts, roadway improvements, and Right-of-Way issues; mass grading and significant site issue evaluations. Incorporate this information to prepare master plan alternatives and develop infrastructure scopes of work.
- Dispositions – Provide pertinent due diligence information for distribution to potential buyer(s). Coordinate new ALTA survey with Legal Department. Coordinate and review any necessary environmental investigations (or other issues as needed).
- Proposal (RFP) Responses & Site Feasibility/Layout – Assist Pre-Construction Services with developing site plan alternatives to respond to RFPs.
- Duke owned land – The Development Services team will analyze the proposed building location, coverage, parking, landscaping, access, etc. to determine how they may vary from the original master plan. Analyze proposals for impacts to remaining acreage and infrastructure requirements and advise the Market Leader as to impacts.
- Owner Identified land – The Development Services team will provide appropriate level of analysis to manage risk applicable to the design, permitting and construction process.
- Building Acquisition / Disposition – Assist acquisition/disposition team, as necessary, with site related issues, including: Land Title Survey coordination and review; site development or zoning issues review (if any); environmental consultant coordination.
- Acreage and Infrastructure Management – Site design professional to track and update undeveloped vs. developed acreage and proposed building coverage as development occurs. Track ongoing infrastructure expenditures in relation to the budget most recently approved by the company. Review proposed master plan changes for impacts to the approved infrastructure scope and budget. Coordinate changes to the infrastructure budget and/or the acreage with Accounting.
- Governmental/Utility Liaison - Facilitate meetings with state and local agencies that govern land use, zoning, transportation, etc. Develop relationships with utility companies serving company property. Manage the preparation of submittal documents, applications, meeting agendas, and correspondences.
- Consultants – Prepare and submit RFPs to consultants, review proposals, negotiate and issue contract documents.
- Participate in Site Planning and CAD Services
- May perform other duties as assigned by Manager.