The Product Engineer will be accountable for a specific product line or group of products from product definition, testing, production trouble shooting, as well field service support. To be successful, you will need to learn our industry to be able to deliver a solution for our customer or resolve any issues that may arise in the field. This position requires someone who enjoys working in a multi-task type environment; analysis, problem-solving, cost savings, etc. Product engineers get their hands dirty, create workable solutions, and contribute their engineering skills and knowledge to both products and processes. You will manage to the company standard of “you’ll like working with us”.
- Creating, reviewing, detailing, and generating specifications for Duperon Corporation products, projects, and processes in DC standard engineering protocols.
- Creating, documenting, and maintaining design logs, specifications, application charts, calculations and assessments of mechanical components, and engineering requirements for drafting standards.
- Perform analysis and calculations on mechanical equipment, complete research, test, and produce drawings, specifications, manuals, instructions, etc. as needed for our existing products.
- Ongoing product development/value engineering: generating cost savings and product improvements, and utilizing customer, field and manufacturing issues to evaluate problematic designs and resolve these issues.
- Must fully understand the applications our products in and design to it.
- New product launch: Develop application parameters, value engineering targets, etc. for new products, such that it can be documented for sales and production of the product.
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency for mechanical engineering (particularly for mechanical detailing applications), calculations, technical reports/charts and reporting.
- Assist in the implementation of new product and process technology.
- Ability to learn and go on site for service and start-ups as needed.
- Development and maintenance of quality control procedures as related to engineering, product design, manufacturing, and structural processes.
- Have strong computer and writing skills, with the ability to communicate professionally with engineers, operators, and site owners.
- Must have valid driver’s license for transportation to on-site work.