Under the general direction of the Production Supervisor, this position is responsible for coordinating, monitoring and supervising the activities of the Metal Injection Molding Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensure the safe yet efficient operation of sintering furnaces, debind ovens and solvent debind unit.
* Meet production needs and help satisfy customer delivery schedules through logical and effective scheduling of all MIM operations over 3 shifts daily
* Keep accurate inventory of WIP and finished goods in compliance with ISO9000/AS9100 and our Quality System
* Log part weights, calculate weight loss, perform carbon and density tests and work with Quality Control Department when exceptions are found
* Ensure the safe storage and organization of product prior to and after sintering
* Compile and distribute periodic reports regarding production fallout, inventory quantities, etc.
* Willingness to take phone calls or come in off hours and weekends in case or emergency
* Minimum High School diploma, tech school graduate highly desirable
* Previous experience with ERP systems
* Strong computer skills, especially Excel
* Strong written and verbal skills needed, ability to draft detailed procedures and communicate instructions across 3 shifts