Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Supplier Quality Assurance organization is responsible for assuring the safety and quality of material provided by the suppliers of Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E). The department collaborates with engineering, construction, and supply chain to ensure that qualified suppliers provide PG&E material that meets specification requirements, is understood and usable by the field, and can meet cost and quantity requirements.
This job is represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) and is subject to collective bargaining.
This position is dedicated to working with the electric distribution and transmission issues, suppliers and in-house customers and will have no appreciable engagement with gas products or customers. In a more general description, the role is responsible for providing technical standards, strategy and implementation support for assigned supplier quality duties. You will handle complex problems and issues and lead focused quality driven data analysis projects in the continuous support of Quality Improvement and the reduction of cost of poor quality.
This position requires up to 25% travel time (domestic and international).
- Develop internal quality control inspections and implementation of appropriate measurement methods and test equipment.
- Lead complex cross functional projects involving safety issues or other quality concerns
- Identify and implement system problems and opportunities for enhanced processes and drive cross functional improvements to completion
- Perform root cause analysis and identifies linkages to business objectives.
- Design, review, and/or approve verification and validation strategy, protocols, and testing. (e.g.: part qualification, and supplier change request processes)
- Communicate results to various levels of management and follow-up on corrective action activities.
- Recognize and respond to opportunities to improve work product and process to move the organization forward.
- Support the development of the SAP architecture for a Quality Management System. Support testing of that system and training of peers, inspectors and Engineers.
- Communicate and convince peers and other functional team members in writing and spoken conversation to take actions in keeping with support of good supplier management systems.
- Prepare written presentations on quality related subject matter and present to management personnel and peers.
- Develop and generate metrics to rate suppliers and shares and explains metrics to suppliers.
- Work in accordance with all Supplier Quality Standards and Procedures in addition to any applicable corporate procedures and standards.