The Financial Planning Intern position is designed for students in their junior or senior year in an undergraduate program or master’s program who desire to gain supervised practical experience in Financial Planning.
Our 3 month training period will help you to understand the complexities and challenges of becoming an advisor and establishes a trajectory to embark on a career path to a Financial Advisor. You will have daily interaction with a team of Financial Advisors who run independent practices and will have opportunities to learn from them as you assist them with growing their practices. We accommodate flexible schedules, but require at least 16-20 hours per week. You will be required to attend training, complete weekly reports, and be held accountable for your progress in the program. A potential full-time advisor career opportunity is possible (but not guaranteed) for associates who exceed expectations and exhibit the traits of successful advisors.
* Evaluating process efficiencies and offering suggestions to make interactions easier for the client.
* Providing general administrative support to the financial planning team.
* Assisting in the development of presentations to clients and potential clients.
* Contacting associated advisors (CPA, attorney, TPA, etc.) and/or client-related entities (insurance companies, plan sponsors, etc.) to gather information.
* Observing operational and business meetings and client interactions with various team members.
* Working on administrative tasks and projects as assigned.
* Training in company’s financial planning software and systems.
* Performing related calculations and analysis, when requested.
* Actively working to increase knowledge of biblical financial principles and scripture memory verses to understand the Ronald Blue Trust approach to serving clients.
* A strong interest in personal financial planning and wealth management Basic knowledge of investment concepts (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc.)
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Aptitude and passion for learning new things quickly with a strong work ethic.
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and maturity.
* Desire to serve others with excellence.
* Capability to excel in a team environment.
* Good organizational skills, systems acumen and attention to detail.
* Ability to prioritize and complete multiple time-sensitive tasks.
* Proactive planning and responsiveness to urgent need.
* Demonstrated maturity in interpersonal interactions as well as flexibility and adaptability to changing needs.
4 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Since 2006, we’ve been dedicated to developing, designing and advancing the application of next generation big data technologies. dMining Technologists are pioneers in Machine Learning Platforms, Artificial Intelligence, & have helped shape the landscape of what is known today as “Data Science”.
dMT specializes in Machine Learning Platforms, Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Modeling, Natural Language Processing and Much More.