Provide world class quality engineering technical support to the manufacturing areas and product launch activities that meet or exceed customer expectations. The Tooling Engineer will support the quality manager in the development of new gages, and establishing performance standards, gage procedures, and audit controls in order to meet business requirements, as well as, identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of company products and services. Assist manufacturing engineering with fixture and tooling development to improve throughput and equipment capability.
Ensures compliance with the company’s Quality Management System and accepted manufacturing practices.
Ensures compliance with all Product Safety Procedure requirements; fully understands and ensures compliance with Bendix Product Safety Escalation Process.
Understands and enforce Critical Characteristics/Special Characteristics in terms of: controlling the characteristic using appropriate tools to ensure capability and stability of the process and product; understands the potential outcome if the characteristic is not in specification and the liability to the company if a defective part gets into the field.
Establish / Maintain Statistical Process Controls at areas of responsibility, including at all required Product Safety characteristics (CC/SC).
Performs Capability Studies at required processes to determine process stability and defines actions to implement if improvement is required.
6. Use statistical process control and analysis to identify losses and define activities for improvement.
7. Identifies adverse quality trends as evidenced by statistical analysis and assists process engineering/manufacturing personnel in the development of corrective actions.
8. Support commercial activities regarding process concept, tooling/ measuring equipment costing, and technical reviews with team
9. Lead resolution of tooling / gages performance issues.
10. Design and coordinate the building of tools, gages and fixtures and oversees their implementation into production; provides advice on feasibility, cost and practicality of designs.