The School of Business at the State University of New York at New Paltz invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor of Business Analytics position beginning Fall 2022. The successful candidate will be expected to teach 18 credit hours of coursework (undergraduate or graduate), or the equivalent, during the academic year. Faculty also participate in assessment and curriculum development and engage in other service duties for the school and the college. An active research program yielding ongoing publication in peer-reviewed journals is required for tenure.
Because the School of Business seeks a workforce with a wide range perspectives and experiences, we encourage diverse candidates to apply, including people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- A Ph.D. degree with emphasis in business analytics, data science or a related field. ABD candidates with a firm completion date will be considered.
- Ability to teach a wide range of courses in predictive analytics, machine learning, and data mining.
- Proficiency with tools and software used in Business Analytics/Data Science fields (such as Python, R, Hadoop, etc.)
- Demonstrated record or potential for peer-reviewed publications in the field
- Demonstrated ability or interest in interacting with the business community