City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
• Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
• Diverse community
• Competitive total compensation package
• Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
• Light rail station minutes away
• On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
• Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
• Access to innovation workspaces
The Traffic Engineering Division of the Public Works Department plans, designs, constructs, and manages capital improvement pro...jects; reviews and approves civil engineering plans; manages consulting contracts; manages grant funded contracts; develops and implements signal timing plans; reviews and approves traffic control plans; and fulfills traffic engineering requests (i.e. evaluate the need for traffic signs and signals, review signal timing, coordinate construction detours, etc.).