About Us: Gore is a materials science company focused on improving lives through discovery, product innovation and rewarding careers for our Associates.
About the Industry: At Gore, our global support teams bring together extensive knowledge and collaborate closely to support our diverse portfolio of products that solve complex problems and perform in the most demanding environments.?Learn more at gore.com/products/industries
About the Role: At Gore, we look at the world and see endless possibilities to improve life. What are the possibilities that you can bring to Gore?
We are currently looking for experienced Process Engineers to join various teams in our Fabrics Division, Medical Products Division, and Performance Solutions Division, as well as Core Technology in the Newark, Delaware and Elkton, Maryland area. As an experienced Process Engineer at Gore, your daily activities may include manufacturing process improvement, modification and sustainment, expansion of process capabilities, and further enhancement of material technology, while ensuring a safe and cost-effective work environment. You will also have opportunities to contribute to the installation, operation, maintenance, and upgrade of production and testing equipment, equipment layout, and workflow.
- Provide day-to-day process support for the manufacturing of existing products and transition of new products and processes into manufacturing
- Apply formal problem-solving techniques to assess root cause, troubleshooting non-conforming products, raw materials, and components, and developing and implementing corrective and preventative action (CAPA) plans
- Identify and address opportunities to continuously improve our products and processes; and assess for regulatory, quality, ergonomic, safety, environmental, and cost impact?
- Understand critical process parameters to ensure the process reliably delivers a fit for use product that meets all specifications and customer requirements
- Plan and execute technical work using statistical techniques including Design of Experiments (DoE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Create procedures and provide training and coaching to other technical and manufacturing associates
- Champion a wide range of process projects throughout the development cycle: development, scale-up, validation, and improvement (improved safety, cost, quality, capability, and capacity)
- Continuously develop your engineering skills through formal training provided by Gore and coaching/mentoring provided by your leaders and teammates
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of hands-on engineering experience in a manufacturing environment post-graduation with a demonstrated experience applying engineering fundamentals
- Experience with designing and implementing methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection (for example - design of experiments (DOE), validation (IQ/OQ/POQ/PQ), & SPC/SQC)
- Demonstrated ability to document, communicate, and present technical bodies of work
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan, and champion multiple projects concurrently from development to completion against agreed upon timelines and deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and influence cross-functional teams, as well as work on one’s own
- Demonstrated ability to understand interactions between process, equipment, and materials
- Demonstrated ability to leverage critical thinking to identify critical issues and failure modes, creating a framework of action to address these issues and assess root cause and improve product performance
- Ability to make risk-based choices (for example, use of tools such as FMEA, FTA, contingency planning)
- Ability to travel periodically up to 10%
- Demonstrated experience using statistical analysis and use of statistical tools such as design of experiments (DOE), process validation (IQ/OQ/POQ/PQ), and statistical process control (SPC/SQC)
- Experience with assembly processes and/or experience working within a quality system
- Experience developing or transitioning new process from R&D to pilot, to large scale commercial
What We Offer: At Gore, we offer comprehensive, competitive rewards in the form of compensation and benefits. Among these are work-life balance and sports programs, 401(k) Plan with a gift, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, health & well-being program with full health plan, and a flexible working program. Within Gore, you will find a unique culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and opportunities for growth and development. Learn more at gore.com/careers
We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment. In support of our values and continued success we are proud of Associates around the world who support an inclusive work environment, strive to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate, and ensure all Associates and external partners are treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the U.S. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)
Our Talent Acquisition Team welcomes your questions at gore.com/careers/contact